Grain-free and raw recipes are full of fresh flavors. They are easy to make and very delicious!
Today we are using carrots, but you can choose to use zucchini to make this recipe. If you have never made vegetable noodles, I am sure you are going to enjoy this. Raw dishes are full of color, which brings a little joy to our meal planning.
If you prefer not to eat cold, just make sure to heat a pan, add some oil, drop the carrot noodles in, cover the pan, and turn off the heat.
Treating the veggies with that small amount of heat helps them keep their raw quality, adding warmth and tender texture. Do not leave the veggies in the pan for more than 3 minutes after you turn it off.
The following vital point when prepping raw pasta is to have a sauce to accompany it. So today, you are going to prepare an Asian sauce, which uses ginger, lime juice, and almond butter.
- 5 large carrots, peeled and turn into noodles (if you don’t have a spiralizing tool, just make sure that the carrots are finely cut, as much as possible)
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Asian Sauce Ingredients
In a bowl, mix until you reach your desire creaminess and taste:
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond butter
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons liquid amino acids
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves large garlic, chopped (I usually add a little more)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (or to taste preference)
- Sea salt to taste
After you have the sauce prepped, wash carrots well, peel them, dry them. Use your spiral slicer or grater, and make the carrot noodles. Mix the noodles with the sauce gently and serve with the roasted cashews and some freshly chopped cilantro.